In light of the current situation, we put together some fun activities to do with your family to help pass the time.
Fun for Kids:
1. Have your child or grandchild compare the hairs of different members of the household. How are they different? For extra fun, compare human hair to hair from the furry members of the household too!
2. In the park or in the backyard, inspect the different plants and insects. Bring a notebook for your child to sketch what they see.
3. Use your magnifying glass to find the oldest coin in the house! Make it a fun scavenger hunt to find spare change laying around.
4. Observe the crystalline structure in a cube of ice. Observe the ice cube and notice the different colors and shapes. How does it change as it melts? What colors do your children see?
5. Use the magnifying glass to take magnified photos. Using the magnifying glass hold it in front of your phone’s camera lens. Experiment with the distance of the lens to get the best picture!
Strangely Satisfying Activities for Adults:
1. Use your magnifying glass to clean dust and grime out of your overlooked items like your watch, headphones, phone, and computer keyboard.
2. Tackle your tangled necklaces in your jewelry box. Lay them all out on a flat surface and use your magnifying glass to aid in detangling. Tip: lay all the jewelry down on a towel and sprinkle with baby powder. Baby powder aids in detangling!
3. Tend to your plant friends and use your magnifying glass to dust off and clean their leaves. Maybe you’ll even find the intricate patterns on their leaves exciting?
4. Have you ever inspected US currency or coins? It is interesting what you find hidden on the money we use every day!
5. Do you know how cool some everyday food items look under a magnifying glass? Inspect some fruit you have around the house or your favorite snacks and it could show you a whole new world.